Kathleen Pratt, Ph.D.
Kathleen P. Pratt, Ph.D.
Name: Kathleen P. Pratt, Ph.D.
1984 BS Mathematical Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
1992 PhD Biophysical Chemistry, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- 2014 - present Associate Professor, F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS), Bethesda, MD
- 2013-2014 Assistant Professor, F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS), Bethesda, MD
- 2008-2013 Assistant Research Professor, University of Washington School of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Seattle, WA
- 2006-2013 Assistant Member, Puget Sound Blood Center Research Institute, Seattle, WA
- 2003-2006 Research Scientist, Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, WA
- 1999-2003 Staff Scientist, Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA
- 2007 - present: Research awards (grants) from Bayer, CSL Behring, Pfizer, Grifols, Inc.
- 2008 “Henri Chaigneau” Prize of the Association Française des Hémophiles
- 2019 Dean's Impact Award, F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Pratt KP, Shen BW, Takeshima K, Davie EW, Fujikawa K, Stoddard BL. 1999. Structure of the C2 domain of human factor VIII at 1.5 angstrom resolution. Nature 402: 439-42. PMID: 10586887
- Spiegel PC, Jr., Jacquemin M, Saint-Remy J-MR, Stoddard BL, Pratt KP. 2001. Structure of a factor VIII C2-domain - Immunoglobulin G4k Fab complex: identification of an inhibitory antibody epitope on the surface of factor VIII. Blood98: 13-19. Plenary paper. PMID: 11418455
- James EA, Kwok WW, Thompson AR, Pratt KP. 2007.Analysis of CD4 T-cell responses to FVIII in a mild hemophilia A patient indicates early loss of tolerance to a C2 domain self peptide and sustained loss of tolerance to the wild-type peptide J Thromb Haemostas5:2399-47. PMID: 18034765
- Lewis KB, Hughes RJ, Epstein MS, Josephson NC, Kempton CL, Kessler CM, Key NS, Howard TE, Kruse-Jarres R, Lusher JM, Walsh CE, Watts RG, Ettinger RA, Pratt KP. 2013. Phenotypes of allo- and autoimmune antibody responses to FVIII characterized by surface plasmon resonance. PLOS One 8(5): e61120. PMID: 23667433
- Scott DW, Pratt KP, Miao CH. 2013. Progress Towards Inducing Immunologic Tolerance to FVIII. Blood 121: 4449-56. Invited review. PMID: 23502223
- Nguyen P-CT, Lewis KB, Ettinger RA, Schuman JT, Lin JC, Healey JF, Meeks SL, Lollar P, Pratt KP. 2014. High resolution mapping of epitopes on the C2 domain of factor VIII, using surface plasmon resonance. Blood 123(17): 2732-9.PMID: 24591205
- Gunasekera D, Ettinger RA, Liu M-C, Hughes RJ, Epstein MS, Cole SC, Barrett JC, Thompson AA, Withycombe J, Pratt KP. 2015. Factor VIII gene variants and inhibitor risk in hemophilia A patients. Blood 126(7): 895-904. PMID: 25617427
- Ettinger EA, Paz P, James EA, Gunasekera D, Aswad F, Thompson AR, Matthews DC, Pratt KP. T cells from three hemophilia A subjects recognized the same HLA-restricted FVIII epitope with a narrow TCR repertoire. Blood 2016: 128(16):2043-2054. PubMed PMID: 27471234
- Ettinger RA, Liberman JA, Gunasekera D, Puranik K, James EA, Thompson AR, Pratt KP. FVIII proteins with a modified immunodominant T-cell epitope exhibit reduced immunogenicity and normal FVIII activity. Blood Advances 2018: 2(4), 309-322. PubMed PMID: 29444
- Gunasekera D, Zimring JC, Pratt KP. A unique MHCII-binding register correlates with HLA-DR11- associated immunogenicity of the major K blood group antigen. Transfusion 2018: 58(5), 1171-81. PMID: 29464723