Kenneth Lieuw, MD, PhD
Kenneth Lieuw, MD, PhD, Colonel, Army
Name: Kenneth Lieuw, MD, PhD, Colonel, Army
Myeloid malignancies, Neuroblastoma.
B.A. with honors in Genetics, 1990.
Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois
M.D., June 5, 1998
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology,
June 19, 1998.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Staff Physician, July 2016 to present
- Uniformed Services University, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, July 2007 to July 2016
- Madigan Army Medical Center, Chief of Pediatric Heme/onc, September 2004-June 2007
- Field Surgeon, 547th ASMC, Quayarrah Iraq, May to December 2005
- U.C. San Francisco Children’s Hospital, Fellowship, Pediatric hematology/Oncology, July 2001-July 2004
- U.C. Davis Medical Center, Residency in Pediatrics, Sacramento, CA, June 1998 to June 2001
- Schubbert, S., Lieuw, K., Rowe, S.L., Lee, C.M., Li, X., Loh, M.L., Clapp, D.W., Shannon, K.M. “functional analysis of leukemia-associated PTPN11 mutations in primary hematopoietic cells.” Blood 2005; 106(1): 311-317.
- Wong, C.Y., Zhang, Y., Lieuw, K.H., Tran, M.T., Forgo, E., Weinfurtner, K., Alzamora, P., Kogan, S.C., Akagi, K., Wolff, L., LeBeau, M.M., Killeen, N.P., Shannon, K.M. “Use of Chromosome Engineering to Model a Segmental Deletion of Chromosome Band 7q22 Found in Myeloid Malignancies.” Blood 2010; 115 (22): 4524-4532.
- Groomes, C.L., Gianferente, D.M., Crouch, G.D., Parekh, D.S., Scott, D.W., and Lieuw, K. “Reduction of Factor VIII Inhibitor Titers During Immune Tolerance Indcution With Recombinant Factor VIII-Fc Fusion Protein.” Pediatric Blood and Cancer 2016; 63(5):922-924.
- Giamanco, N., Cunningham, B., Foster, L., Parekh, D., Warwick, A., and Lieuw, K. “Allopurinol Use During Maintenance Therapy for ALL Avoids Mercaptopurine Related Hepatotoxicity,” Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology 2016; 38 (2): 147-151.
- Lieuw, K., (2017) “The Many Factor VIII Products Available in the Treatment of Hemophilia A: an Embarrassment of Riches?” Journal of Blood Medicine 2017; 8 (67-73)..
- Edwards, J., Simmons, E., Cordero, S., Lieuw, K., Roberts, S. “Retinal Hemorrhages as a presenting sign in an adolescent with hepatosplenic gamma-delta T cell lymphoma.” Pediatric Blood and Cancer 2010; 55(1): 190-192.
- Bondi, S, Lieuw, K. “Excessive cow’s milk and iron deficiency in toddlers.” Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition 2009; 1(3): 133-139.
- Loh, M.L., Vattikuti, S., Reynolds, M.G., Carlson, E.J., Schubbert, S., Lieuw, K.H., Cheng, J.W., Stokoe, D., Bonifas, J.M., Curtiss, N.P., Gotlib, J., Meshinchi, S., Le Beau, M.M., Emanuel, P.D., Shannon, K.M. “Somatic mutations in PTPN11 implicate the protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2 in leukemogenesis.” Blood 2004; 103: 2325-2331.
- Lieuw, K.H., Ganesh, L.*, Lim, K.C., Gu, Y., Grosveld, F., Engel, J.D., and Karis, A. (1999) "Localization of Distant Urogenital System-, Central Nervous System-, and Endocardium-Specific Transcriptional Regulatory Elements in the GATA-3 Locus." Molecular and Cellular Biology, 19#2:1558-1568.
- Lieuw, K.H., Ganesh, L.*, Grosveld, F., and James Douglas Engel. (1998) "Partial Rescue of GATA-3 by Yeast Artificial Chromosome Transgenes.” Developmental Biology. 204:451-463.