Laura Taylor, PhD
Laura A Taylor, PhD
Name: Laura A Taylor, PhD
Education, Informatics, Transplant
APRN and DNP Education
Year Degree Earned Institution/Location
2006-2007 Post Doctoral Fellowship Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
2006 PhD The Catholic University of America School of Nursing, Washington, DC
1990 MS Nursing University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
1986 BS Nursing University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Taylor’s scholarship integrates pioneering technology-based innovations, rigorous scientific methods, inter-professional collaboration, and focused orientation on the advancement of global transplant care and education. Dr. Taylor embodies the innovative and evidence-based approach to contemporary nursing education, practice and healthcare delivery meeting the needs of patients in increasingly complex healthcare environments.
Dr. Taylor established an educational pathway, The Guiding Initiative for Doctoral Education program (GuIDE ™), and Ready to Launch are programs providing advanced practice nurses informational and problem solving opportunities regarding PhD, EdD, and DNP education. GuIDE™ and Ready to Launch are preparing nurses across civilian and federal and military healthy systems, to be competitive for admission to doctoral programs with the goal of increasing the diversity of doctorally prepared nurses.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Grant: 09/01/2017-2018. “Inclusion of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Health-Related Topics in Nurse Practitioner Programs” (Fuller, A. PI; Taylor, LA Co-I) Army Nurse Corp Association$2,000 total direct costs.
- Schick-Mackaroff, K., Hunt, J., Hayes, R., Taylor, L.A. & LaPointe-Rudow, D. "Education Priorities and What Matters to Those Considering Living Kidney Donation" in its current form for publication in Progress in Transplantation.( Publish date, March 2021).
- Hays, S., Johnson, H. & Taylor, L.A. (2020). A toddler with sudden onset tremors and change In temperament. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 16 (6), e77-e78; e79-e80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2020.03.004
- . Korkosz, J., Johnson, H., Seibert, D., Sheehy, S., Fuller, A., Taylor, L.A. (2019) "Taking the leap from clinical practice to academic faculty: a beginner's guide." Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- 1. Terhaar, M.F. & Taylor, L.A. (2018). Best Practices for Submission to the Institutional Review Board. In Sylvia, M. & Terhaar, M.F. Clinical Analytics and Data Management for the DNP. 2nd Ed. Springer
- Williams, J., Seibert, D. & Taylor, L.A. "Disruptive Nursing Education for the 21st Century : Bringing Telehealth Clinic to the Pathophysiology Classroom” Nursing Education Research Conference 2020. Washington, DC. (Refereed).
- 2020 NLN Mary Adelaide Nutting Outstanding Education and Leadership Award
- 2020 Maryland Nurses Association Outstanding Pathfinder
- Esprit De Corps Faculty Leadership Award; Daniel K. Inouye Graduate School of Nursing, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, May 2018
- Fellow, American Academy of Nurse Educators (ANEF)
- Fellow in American Academy of Nursing (FAAN)