Lei Zhang, M.D.
Lei Zhang, M.D.
Name: Lei Zhang, M.D.
PTSD and biomarkers
1. To identify gene networks or pathways of PTSD.
2. To investigate the novel molecular regulatory mechanism of stress and PTSD in vivo and in vitro. His research will provide useful information, which might help translational research, from bench to bed.
- Zhang L., Li H., Su T.P., Barker J.L., Maric D., Fullerton C.S., Webster M.J., Hough C.J., Li X., Traumatic Stress Brain Study Group and Ursano R.J. Post-traumatic stress disorder-associated p11 is up-regulated in the forebrain by glucocorticoid acting via two specific glucocorticoid response elements in the promoter, Neurosci., 2008,153:1126–1134
- Zhang L., Su T.ung-Ping Su, Choi K., Webster M.J., Li C.T., Chung M.Y. Chen Y.S., Bai Y.M., Chou Y. H., Barker J.L., Barrett J.E., Li X.X., Li H., Benedek D. M. and Ursano R. P11 (S100A10) as a potential biomarker of psychiatric patients at risk of suicide. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 2011, 45, 435-441
- Su T., Zhang L., Chung M., Chen Y., Bi Y., Chou Y., Barker J., Barrett J.E., Maric D., Li X., Li H., Webster M., Benedek D., Carlton J. and Ursano R.J. Levels of the potential biomarker p11 in peripheral blood cells distinguish patients with PTSD from those with other major psychiatric disorders. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 2009. 43:1078-1085 (Corresponding author)
- Zhang, L., Tung-Ping Su, Kwang Choi, Webster Maree, Cheng-Ta Li, Ming-Yi Chung, Ying-Sheue Chen, Ya-Mei Bai, Yuan-Hwa Chou, Jeffery L. Barker, James E. Barrett, Xiao Xia Li, He Li, David M. Benedek, Robert Ursano. P11 expression and PET in bipolar disorders. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2011, 1-6
- Zhang L., Xian-Zhang Hu, David M. Benedek, Carol S. Fullerton, Robert D. Forsten, James A. Naifeh, Xiaoxia Li, He Li, K. Nikki Benevides, Stanley Smerin, Thien Le, Kwang Choi & Robert J. Ursano. The interaction between stressful life events and leukocyte telomere length is associated with PTSD. Molecular Psychiatry, 2014,1-2
- Lei Zhang, He Li, Xianzhang Hu, David M. Benedek, Carol S. Fullerton, Robert D. Forsten, James A. Naifeh, Xiaoxia Li, Hongyan Wu, Kirster Benevides, Thien Le, Stanley Smerin, Dale W. Russell & Robert J. Ursano. Mitochondria-focused gene expression profile reveals common pathways and CPT1B dysregulation in both rodent stress model and human subjects with PTSD. Translational Psychiatry. (2015) 5, e580, 1-8, 2015
- Zhang L., DM Benedek, CS Fullerton, RD Forsten1, JA Naifeh, XX Li, XZ Hu, H Li, M Jia , GQ Xing, KN Benevides, & RJ Ursano. PTSD risk is associated with BDNF Val66Met and BDNF over-expression. Molecular Psychiatry 2014, 19, 8–10
- Lei Zhang, Xiaoxia Li, Xian-Zhang Hu. Post-traumatic stress disorder risk and brain-derived neurotrophic factor Val66Met. World J Psychiatr. 2016, 6(1): 1-6.