Lisa Harris, DO
Lisa M Harris, DO
Name: Lisa M Harris, DO
Curriculum Development/Individual Learning Plans
Health Equity - Increaing pipline and addressing SDH
Family Medicine Residency, Womack Army Medicine Center, Fort Bragg, NC - 2010
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - 2007
Premedical Basic Health Science Certificate in Physiology, Medical College of Virginia - 2003
Bachelors of Science in Biology, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University - 2002
Dr. Harris completed her internship and residency training in Family Medicine at Womack Army Medical Center (WAMC) Fort Bragg, North Carolina. After completion of residency, Dr. Harris was assigned as Flight Surgeon to 122nd Aviation Support Battalion Fort Bragg, NC whom she deployed with to eastern Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom XI –XII. In 2018, Dr. Harris transitioned from active duty after serving 10 years in the Army. During her time in the military, Dr. Harris served in various academic medicine roles including Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) and Family Medicine Residency Clinic Medical Director.
Dr. Harris currently serves as the USUHS Site Director at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH), a position that blends primary roles in graduate and undergraduate medical education. Within the Family Medicine Residency Dr. Harris is the Practice Management Curriculum Director and facilitates resident-drive quality/process improvement projects. She also serves on the residency’s CCC and Program Evaluation Committee. Dr. Harris is actively engaged with USUHS SOM Diversity Committee and is a member of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Medical Student Education Committee.
- Harris L and Swinson K. Does omega-3 supplementation reduce cardiac mortality? Evidence-Based Practice. 2018; 21(1):E5-E6
- Harris L, Mounsey A, Nashelsky. Can mobile technology improve weight loss in overweight and obese patients? Journal of Family Practice. 2017. 66(2):111-113.
- Braun M, Mahowald M, Elliott T, Harris L, Barstow C. (2017). Electrolytes. FP Essentials Monograph. Edition 459.
- Harris L and Swinson K. Home Sleep Testing for Diagnosing Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Am Fam Physician. 2017 Nov 15;96(10):online
- Carnes A and Harris L. (2017). Sexual Dysfunction in Women. In Domino FJ (Ed.), The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2018, Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health.
- Harris L. (2017). Thyroid Nodule. In Domino FJ (Ed.), The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2018, Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health.
- Carnes A and Harris L. (2016). Sexual Dysfunction in Women. In Domino FJ (Ed.), The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2017, Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health.