Mark Ralston, MD, MPH
Mark E Ralston, MD, MPH
Name: Mark E Ralston, MD, MPH
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Global Pediatric Advanced Life Support
M.D. Cornell University
M.P.H. Harvard University
1972-1976 BA, Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA (Summa Cum Laude)
1979-1983 MD, Cornell University, New York, NY
1996-1998 MPH, Harvard University, Boston, MA
1990-1993 Resident, Pediatrics, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
1995-1998 Fellow, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA
1986- Washington State Physician & Surgeon
1984 Diplomate, NBME
1993, 2000, 2007, 2017 Diplomate, ABP, General Pediatrics
1998, 2005, 2015 Diplomate, ABP, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
1998-2004 Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA
2004-2005 Medical Staff, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, Tacoma, WA
2004- Staff Pediatrician, Naval Hospital Oak Harbor, WA
1998- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD
1994- American Academy of Pediatrics
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Editor. American Heart Association. PALS Provider Manual. 2006.
- Editor. American Heart Association. PEARS Provider Manual. 2007
- Andrew M. Margileth Award, “For the best paper by a uniformed services pediatrician for research in a clinical area,” AAP Section on Uniformed Services, 37th Annual Uniformed Services Pediatric Seminar, Washington DC, March 17, 2003
- Global Emergency Medicine Literature Review (GEMLR) Editorial Board citation in Academic Emergency Medicine (2017 doi: 10.111/acem.13216-17-306) of “Weight Estimation Tool for Children Aged 6 to 59 Months in Limited-Resource Settings”, as one of the top global emergency medicine articles of 2016.
- Ralston M. Oversight Editor. Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Manual. American Heart Association. 2006.
- Ralston M. Oversight Editor. Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization Provider Manual. American Heart Association. 2007.
- Ralston M. Oversight Editor. Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course Guide. American Heart Association. 2006.
- Ralston ME, Zaritsky AL. New opportunity to improve pediatric emergency preparedness: Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization Course. Pediatrics 2009:123:578-80.
- Ralston ME, Day LT, Slusher TM, Musa NL, Doss HS. Global paediatric advanced life support: improving child survival in limited-resource settings. Lancet 2013; 381:256-65.
- Ralston ME, Myatt MA (2018) Weight estimation for children aged 6 to 59 months in limited-resource settings: A proposal for a tape using height and mid-upper arm circumference. PLoS ONE 13(6): e0197769. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0197769
- Ralston ME, Myatt MA (2016) Weight Estimation Tool for Children Aged 6 to 59 Months in Limited-Resource Settings. PLoS ONE 11(8): e0159260. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0159260
- Ralston ME, de Caen A. Teaching pediatric life support in limited-resource settings: Contextualized management guidelines. J Pediatr Intensive Care 2017; 06(01): 039-051 DOI: 10.1055/s-0036-1584675
- Ralston ME, Euwema MS, Knecht KR, Ziolkowski TJ, Coakley TA, Cline SM. Comparison of levalbuterol and racemic albuterol combined with ipratropium bromide in acute pediatric asthma: A randomized controlled trial. J Emerg Med 2005;29:29-35.
- Ralston ME. Physiologic anterior subluxation: case report of occurrence at C5 to C6 and C6 to C7 spinal levels. Ann Emerg Med 2004;44:472-5