Mary Brueggemeyer, MD, MPH
Mary T Brueggemeyer, MD, MPH, Colonel, Air Force
Name: Mary T Brueggemeyer, MD, MPH, Colonel, Air Force
Preventive Medicine Education
Doctor of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 1992
Residency in General Surgery, Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, 1997
Master in Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, School of Public Health, San Antonio, TX, 2009
Residency in Aerospace Medicine, USAF School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks AFB, TX, 2010
Col Brueggemeyer received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington University in St. Louis, MO in 1988 and a Doctor of Medicine Degree from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in 1992. She completed a General Surgery residency at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio then accepted a commission in the United States Air Force. She served as a Staff Surgeon with the 7th Medical Group, Dyess AFB then transitioned to Aerospace Medicine in 2001. She received a Master of Public Health degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center in 2009 and completed the residency in Aerospace Medicine at the USAF School of Aerospace Medicine in 2010. Col Brueggemeyer has held assignments as the Aerospace Medicine Squadron Commander, Chief of Aerospace Medicine and served as Director, Department of Instructional Programs at the Defense Medical Readiness Training Institute (DMRTI), Ft Sam Houston, Texas preparing senior DoD medical leaders for deployed and homeland security operations. She deployed with the 71st Rescue Squadron in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM in 2002, as the CENTCOM Theater Validating Flight Surgeon in 2011 and as the 774 Expeditionary Medical Operations Squadron Commander in support of New Horizons Belize 2013.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- July 2017- Present, Vice Chair, Force Health Protection, Department of Military and Emergency Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD
- July 2014- July 2017, Assistant Professor, Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD.
- Aug 2012 – July 2014, Commander, 75th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Hill AFB, UT
- July, 2010 – July 2012, Commander, 60th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, David Grant USAF
- July 2006 – June 2008, Commander, 355th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, 355th Medical Group,
- July 2004 – July 2006, Director, Department of Instructional Programs, Defense Medical
- July 2001 – July 2004, Flight Surgeon, Flight Commander, 347th Medical Group, Moody AFB, GA
- July 1997 – July 1999, Staff Surgeon, 7th Medical Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
- June 2011- Dec 2011, CENTCOM Theater Validating Flight Surgeon, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
- Mar 2013 – June 2013, Commander, 774th Expeditionary Medical Operations Squadron, New Horizons Belize 2013.