Marzena Pazgier, PhD
Marzena E Pazgier, PhD
Name: Marzena E Pazgier, PhD
structural biology, protein engineering, structure based design
infectious disease, HIV, antimicrobial agents
2001 PhD, Chemical Engineering, Lodz University of Technology
Dr. Pazgier research focuses on understanding, at the molecular level, of mechanisms involved in innate and adaptive responses to infectious disease with the long term goal to generate knowledge required to develop new vaccines and antibody therapeutics. Her research is highly interdisciplinary, involving structural biology, contemporary biophysical and protein engineering techniques, and structure-function analyses.
- Tolbert WD, Gohain N, Alsahafi N, Van V, Orlandi Ch, Ding S, Martin L, Finzi A, Lewis GK, Ray K, Pazgier M (2017) Targeting the Late Stage of HIV-1 Entry for Antibody-dependent Cellular Cytotoxicity: Structural Basis for Env Epitopes in the C11 Region, Structure, 25(11):1719-1731
- Sajadi MM, Dashti A, Tehrani ZR, Tolbert WD, Seaman MS, Ouyang X, Gohain N, Pazgier M, Kim D, Cavet G, Yared J, Redfield RR, Lewis GK, DeVico AL (2018) Identification of near pan-neutralizing antibodies against HIV-1 by deconvolution of plasma antibodies, Cell. 2018 Jun 14;173(7):1783-1795
- Gohain N, Tolbert WD, Orlandi Ch, Richard J , Ding S, Chen X, Bonsor DA, Sundberg EJ, Lu W, Ray K, Finzi A, Lewis GK, Pazgier M. (2016) Molecular basis for epitope recognition by non-neutralizing anti-gp41 antibody F240, Scientific reports: Nov 9;6:36685.
- Tolbert WD, Gohain N, Veillette M, Chapleau J-P, Orlandi Ch, Visciano ML, Ebadi T, DeVico T, Fouts TR, Finzi A, Lewis G, Pazgier M (2016) Paring down HIV-1 Env: Design and Structure of an Independent Inner Domain of gp120 that Stably Expresses the A32 Epitope Sub-region of ADCC Epitope Cluster A, Structure: 24(5):697-709
- Richard J, Pacheco B, Gohain N, Veillette M, Ding S, Alsahafi N, Tolbert WD, Prévost J, Chapleau J-P, Coutu M, Jia M, Brassard N, Park J, Courter JR, Melillo B, Martin L, Tremblay C, Hahn Bi, Kaufmanna DE, Wu X, Smith III AS, Sodroski J, Pazgier M, Finzi A (2016) Co-receptor Binding Site Antibodies Enable CD4-Mimetics to Expose Conserved Anti-cluster A ADCC Epitopes on HIV-1 Envelope Glycoproteins, EBioMedicine:S2352-3964(16)30412