Matthew Eberly, MD
Matthew D Eberly, MD, Lieutenant Colonel, Air Force
Name: Matthew D Eberly, MD, Lieutenant Colonel, Air Force
Medical College of Georgia, M.D., 2003
San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, Pediatric Residency, 2006
National Capital Consortium, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, 2009
Bone and joint infections
Central nervous system infections
Deep-seated fungal infections
Fever of unknown origin
Infections in immunocompromised patients
Infections in neonates
Intravascular device-related infections
Intravascular infections (e.g. endocarditis)
Post-operative wound infections
Sepsis and bloodstream infections
Skin/skin structure infections
Peritonsillar abscess, retropharyngeal abscess
Staphylococcal infections (including MRSA, toxic shock syndrome)
Latent and active Tuberculosis
Viral infections (such as HIV, CMV, EBV, Herpes, Influenza, RSV)
Ventriculoperitoneal shunt infections
Clostridium difficile infection
Respiratory syncytial virus
Group B Streptococcus
- Adams DJ, Eberly MD, Rajnik M, Nylund CM. Risk Factors for Community-Associate Clostridium difficile Infection in Children. J Pediatr 2017;186:105-9.
- Adams DJ, Eberly MD, Goudie A, Nylund CM. Rising Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus Infections in Hospitalized Children in the United States. Hosp Pediatr 2016;6:404-11.
- Helfrich AM, Nylund CM, Eberly MD, Eide MB, Stagliano DR. Healthy late-preterm infants born 33-36 +6 weeks gestational age have higher risk for respiratory syncytial virus hospitalization. Early Hum Dev 2015;91:541-6.
- Stark CM, Rogers PL, Eberly MD, Nylund CM. Association of prematurity with the development of infantile pyloric stenosis. Pediatr Res 2015;78:218-22.
- Eberly MD, Eide MB, Thompson JL, Nylund CM. Azithromycin in early infancy and Pyloric Stenosis. Pediatrics 2015;135:484-8.
- Stagliano DR, Nylund CM, Eide MB, Eberly MD. Children with Down Syndrome are high risk for Severe Respiratory Syncytial Virus Disease. J Pediatr 2015;166:703-9.
- Senozan EA, Adams DJ, Giamanco NM, Warwick AB, Eberly MD. A Catheter-related Blood Stream Infection with Mycobacterium frederiksbergense in an Immunocompromised Child. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2015;34:445-7.
- Lozada LE, Royall MJ, Nylund CM, Eberly MD. Development of pyloric stenosis after a four-day course of oral erthryomycin. Pediatr Emerg Care 2013;29:498-9.
- Ruck RC, Eberly MD. Development of pneumococcal mastoiditis due to multidrug resistant serotype 19A despite three doses of 13-valent pneumococcal vaccine. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2012;76:1849-51
- Eberly MD, Gorman GH, Eide MB, Olsen CH, Rajnik M. The effect of rotavirus immunization on rotavirus gastroenteritis hospitalization rates in military dependents. Vaccine 2011;29:650-9.