Michael Rajnik, MD
Michael Rajnik, MD
Name: Michael Rajnik, MD
Pediatric Infectious Diseases (Clinical Research, Epidemiology, Respiratory Tract Infections)
1995 - M.D. - University of Virginia School of Medicine
1998 - Internship and Residency in Pediatrics - Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center/SAUSHEC
2001 - Fellowship in Pediatric Infectious Diseases - National Capital Consortium/USUHS
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Consultant to the USAF Surgeon General, Pediatric Infectious Diseases - 2009 - 2016
- Fellowship Director, Pediatric Infectious Disease Fellowship, National Capital Consortium - 2006 - 2016
- Chair, Infectious Diseases Institutional Review Board, USUHS - 2009 - 2016
- Chair, American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Uniformed Services, Executive Committee - 2009 - 2014
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Uniformed Services, Executive Committee - 2007 - 2014
- President, Armed Forces Infectious Diseases Society, Uniformed Section of the Infectious Disease Society of America - 2007 - 2008
- Chair, American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Uniformed Services, Scientific Awards Committee - 2007 - 2009
- USUHS Department of Pediatrics "Super-Fellowship" Director - running all common curriculum for 5 fellowships - 2008 - 2010
- USAF Master Educator - MF - 2007, ME - 2012
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium Educator of the Year - 2006
- Adams D, Susi A, Eberly M, Rajnik M, Nylund C. Risk Factors for Community-Associated Clostridium difficile Infection in Children. J Peds. E pub April 2017.
- Koren MA, Arnold JC, Fairchok MP, Lalani TN, Danaher PJ, Rajnik, M, et al. Type-specific clinical characteristics of adenovirus-associated influenz-like illness at five US military medical centers, 2009-2014. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses. 2016, 10(5), 414-420.
- Powers JH, Guerrero ML, Leidy NK, Fairchok MP, Rosenberg A, Hernandez A, Stringer S, Schofield C, Rodríguez-Zulueta P, Kim K, Danaher PJ, Ortega-Gallegos H, Bacci ED, Stepp N, Galindo-Fraga A, Clair KS, Rajnik M, McDonough EA, Ridoré M, Arnold JC, Millar EV, Ruiz-Palacios GM. Development of the Flu-PRO: a patient-reported outcome (PRO) instrument to evaluate symptoms of influenza. BMC Infect Dis, 2016, 16(1), 1-5.
- Huebner MP, Killoran KE, Rajnik M et al. Chronic Helminth Infection Does Not Exacerbate Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection. PLoS Negl Trop Dis, Dec 2012, e1970.
- Eberly MD, Gorman GH, Eide MB, Olsen CH and Rajnik M. The effect of rotavirus immunization on rotavirus gastroenteritis hospitalization rates in military dependents. Vaccine, 2011, 29:650-9.
- Maranich A, Rajnik M. Varicella-specific immunoglobulin G titers in commercial intravenous immunoglobulin preparations. Pediatrics, 2009, 124: e484-488.
- Elwood R, Rajnik M, Wilson S, Yim K, Blanco JC, Nikonenko B, Hemming V. Characterization of latent tuberculosis infection in Sigmodon hispidus. Tuberculosis, 2009, 89:183-188.
- McAdams RM, Mazuchowski E, Ellis MW, Rajnik M. Necrotizing Staphylococcal pneumonia in neonates. Journal of Perinatology, 2005; 25:677-9.
- Flores, MS, Burgess TH, Rajnik M. A Zika Virus Primer for Clinicians. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, 2016; 83:261-70.
- Sainato, R, Rajnik M. Preparing Families with Children for International Travel. Current Problems in Pediatric and Adolescent health care. 2015, 45: 215-30.