Nathanael Allison, PhD Biomedical Physics
Nathanael V Allison, PhD Biomedical Physics, Lieutenant, Navy
Name: Nathanael V Allison, PhD Biomedical Physics, Lieutenant, Navy
Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Radiochemistry, Electrochemistry
BS Physics minor in Bioengineering and Mathematics, Penn State University - 2009
US Navy Officer and Radiation Health Officer Training - 2010
US Army Deployment Training - 2003
LT Allison's previous jobs and assignments include being a junior medical physicist at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA where he was sent as the 2nd wave of health physicists following the reactor incident at Fukushima, Japan for Operation Tomodachi in 2011. Then he was assigned as the RHO on board USS Frank Cable, a submarine tender stationed in Guam where he stood Command Duty Officer (CDO). Next, he was selected for DUINS to complete his PhD in Biomedical Physics at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Finally, he was stationed at USU as the director of the translational imaging core, an animal imaging core with PET, SPECT, MRI, CT, and bioluminescence advanced capabilities supporting experimental medical research of USU/CRNM and several other DoD agencies.
- Several More Coming Soon!
- Balandeh, Mehrdad, Nathanael Allison, Christopher Waldmann, Adrian Gomez, and Saman Sadeghi. "No-Carrier-Added Electrochemical Radio-Fluorination of Thioethers." In Meeting Abstracts, no. 34, pp. 2041-2041. The Electrochemical Society, 2018.
- Balandeh, Mehrdad, Alejandra Rios, Nathanael Allison, Daniela Shirazi, and Saman Sadeghi. "Application of the Cation Pool Method for Fluorination and No-Carrier-Added Radio-Fluorination." In Meeting Abstracts, no. 34, pp. 2044-2044. The Electrochemical Society, 2018.
- Balandeh, Mehrdad, Christopher Waldmann, Daniela Shirazi, Adrian Gomez, Alejandra Rios, Nathanael Allison, Asad Khan, and Saman Sadeghi. "Electrochemical Fluorination and Radiofluorination of Methyl (phenylthio) acetate Using Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride (TBAF)." Journal of The Electrochemical Society 164, no. 9 (2017): G99-G103.
- Waldmann, Christopher M., Artem Lebedev, Nathaniel Allison, and Saman Sadeghi. "An automated synthesizer for electrochemical 18F-fluorination of organic compounds." Applied Radiation and Isotopes 127 (2017): 245-252.
- Lebedev, Artem, Jing Jiao, Jason Lee, Fan Yang, Nathanael Allison, Harvey Herschman, and Saman Sadeghi. "Radiochemistry on electrodes: Synthesis of an 18F-labelled and in vivo stable COX-2 inhibitor." PloS one 12, no. 5 (2017): e0176606.