Nathanial Miletta, M.D.
Nathanial R. Miletta, M.D., Major, Army
Name: Nathanial R. Miletta, M.D., Major, Army
Scars & Residual Limbs
Resident, Dermatology: Walter Reed Nat’l Military Medical Center (2012-2015)
Intern, Transitional: San Antonio Military Health System (2011-2012)
Doctor of Medicine: SUNY Upstate Medical University (2007-2011)
Post-Baccalaureate: National Institute of Health (2006-2007)
Bachelor of Science, Biology: Northeastern University (2003-2006)
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Assistant Professor, Dermatology: Uniformed Services University (2015)
- Role II Task Force Aid Station OIC, 4-17IN, 1BCT/1AD, OB Fenty, Afghanistan (1/2017-10-2017)
- Bronze Star (2017)
- General Graves B. Erskine Award, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (2015)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Uniformed Services University (2014)
- Presidental Citation, American Academy of Dermatology (2013)
- Army Delegate, American Medical Association Young Physicians' Section (2016)
- Chair, American Academy of Dermatology Resident and Fellow Committee (2014-2016)
- Resident Observer, Board of Directors, American Academy of Dermatology (2015)
- Miletta N, Donelan MB, Hivnor C. Management of Trauma and Burn Scars: The Dermatologist’s Role in Expanding Patient Access to Care. Cutis. 2017; 100:18-20.
- Lospinoso DJ, Lospinoso JA, Miletta NR. The Impact of Ultraviolet Radiation on Sunburn-related Search Activity. Dermatology Online Journal. Accepted for publication 05/10/2017.
- Miletta N, Kim S, Lezanski-Gujda A, Rossi AM, Marquart JM. Improving Health-Related Quality of Life in Wounded Warriors: The Promising Benefits of Laser Hair Removal to the Residual Limb-Prosthetic Interface. Dermatologic Surgery. 2016 Oct; 42(10):1182-1187.
- Lam T, Miletta N, Bingham J. The Reverse Galeal Hinge Flap: Another Valuable Technique in the Repair of Scalp Defects Extending to the Calvarium. Dermatologic Surgery. 2015 Apr; 41(4): 533-6.
- Miletta N, Miller M, Lam T, et al. The management of pemphigus in a burn intensive care unit: a case report and treatment review. Journal of Burn Care & Research. 2014 Sep-Oct; 35(5): e357-63.
- Miletta N, Schwartz C, Sperling L. Tinea capitis mimicking dissecting cellulitis of the scalp: a histologic pitfall when evaluating alopecia in the post-pubertal patient. Journal of Cutaneous Pathology. 2014; 41(1):2-4.
- Friedman M, Miletta N, Roe C, et al. Cleft palate, retrognathia and congenital heart disease in velo-cardio-facial syndrome: A phenotype correlation study. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2011; 75 (9): 1167-1172.
- Kang S, Sohn Y, Nahab F, Kakareka J, Miletta N, et al. Brain networks responsible for a sense of agency: an EEG study. Clinical Neurophysiology. 2011; 122: S68-S68.
- Nahab F, Kundu P, Gallea C, Kakareka J, Pursely R, Pohida T, Miletta N, et al. The Neural Processes Underlying Self-Agency. Cerebral Cortex. 2011; 21: 48-55.
- Miletta N, Thomas M. Beachkofsky, Matthias B. Donelan, et al. Laser Surgery for Burn and Trauma Scars. Dermatologic Surgery. McGraw Hill, 2018. 527-560. Print.