Nicholas Schaal, Ph.D., CIH, CSP
Nicholas Cody Schaal, Ph.D., CIH, CSP, Lieutenant Commander, Navy
Name: Nicholas Cody Schaal, Ph.D., CIH, CSP, Lieutenant Commander, Navy
Noise exposure assessment in occupational settings, chemical exposure contribution to hearing loss, and effectiveness of hearing conservation programs.
M.S., Environmental Health (Industrial Hygiene specialization), Colorado State University
B.S., Environmental Management, University of Maryland University College
A.A.S., Bioenvironmental Engineering Technology, Community College of the Air Force
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Areas of Expertise: Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety, Hearing Conservation, Hazardous Noise, Chemical Induced Hearing Loss
- Selected Publications
- Schaal, N. C., Brazile, W. J., Finnie, K. L., & Tiger, J. P. (2017). Effects of Known Determinants on Methylene Bisphenyl Isocyanate (MDI) Concentration During Spray-On Truck Bed-Lining Processes. Annals of Work Exposures and Health, 61(7), 872-882.
- Schaal, N., Slagley, J., Zreiqat, M., & Paschold, H. (2017). Effects of combined exposure to metals, solvents, and noise on permanent threshold shifts. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 60(3), 227-238. (doi: 10.1002/ajim.22690).
- Shufutinsky, A., Shanahan, P., Schaal, N., Madad, S., & Johnson, D. (2015). Applying Conflict Analysis and Resolution Strategies to Assess Organizational Safety Culture in Accident Investigations. International Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies, 2(3), 71- 90.
- PMO 550 Industrial Hygiene I and Lab
- PMO 553 Industrial Hygiene Field Studies
- PMO 540 Introduction to Environmental Health
- PMO 940 Environmental/Occupational Health Directed Studies