Nicholas Schaal, Ph.D., CIH, CSP
Nicholas Cody Schaal, Ph.D., CIH, CSP, Lieutenant Commander, Navy
Name: Nicholas Cody Schaal, Ph.D., CIH, CSP, Lieutenant Commander, Navy
Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety, Exposure Assessment, Hearing Conservation, Hazardous Noise, Chemical Induced Hearing Loss
M.S., Environmental Health (Industrial Hygiene specialization), Colorado State University
B.S., Environmental Management, University of Maryland University College
A.A.S., Bioenvironmental Engineering Technology, Community College of the Air Force
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- PMO 1021 Occupational Noise Control (spring 2018-present)
- PMO 550 Industrial Hygiene I and Lab (winter 2016-present)
- PMO 553 Industrial Hygiene Field Studies (summer 2017-present)
- PMO 540 Introduction to Environmental Health (pre-fall 2017)
- PMO 940 Environmental/Occupational Health Directed Studies (2016-present)
- Schaal, N. & Sayler, S. (2018). Noise Exposure Discoveries: Correlations and Chemicals. In Essentials of Exposure Assessment II (pp. 17-22). Falls Church, VA: American Industrial Hygiene Association.
- Schaal, N. C., Slagley, J. M., Richburg, C. M., Zreiqat, M. M., & Paschold, H. W. (2018). Chemical-Induced Hearing Loss in Shipyard Workers. Journal of occupational and environmental medicine, 60(1), e55-e62.
- Schaal, N. C., Brazile, W. J., Finnie, K. L., & Tiger, J. P. (2017). Effects of Known Determinants on Methylene Bisphenyl Isocyanate (MDI) Concentration During Spray-On Truck Bed-Lining Processes. Annals of Work Exposures and Health, 61(7), 872-882.
- Schaal, N., Slagley, J., Zreiqat, M., & Paschold, H. (2017). Effects of combined exposure to metals, solvents, and noise on permanent threshold shifts. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 60(3), 227-238. (doi: 10.1002/ajim.22690).
- Shufutinsky, A., Shanahan, P., Schaal, N., Madad, S., & Johnson, D. (2015). Applying Conflict Analysis and Resolution Strategies to Assess Organizational Safety Culture in Accident Investigations. International Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies, 2(3), 71- 90.