Paul Hemmer, MD, MPH
Paul A Hemmer, MD, MPH
Name: Paul A Hemmer, MD, MPH
Medical College of Wisconsin. MD, 1988
Uniformed Services University. Master of Public Health, 2002.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Professor and Vice-Chairman, Educational Programs, Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Director, Third Year Internal Medicine Clerkship, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (2003-2008)
- Chair, Executive Curriculum Committee, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine (2015-)
- President, USUHS Faculty Senate (2004-2005)
- President, Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine (2006)
- Chair, Nominating Committee and member Steering Committee, Research in Medical Education Section of the AAMC Group on Educational Affairs (2008-2012)
- Carol Johns Medal, USUHS (2010)
- Defense Superior Service Medal (2012)
- Meyer E, Hemmer PA, Kelly WF, Pangaro LN. The RIME Model provides a context for Entrustable Professional Activities across Undergraduate Medical Education. Acad Med. 2017. Accepted for publication.
- Sklar D, Hemmer PA, Durning SJ. Medical Education and Health Care Delivery: A Call to Align Goals and Purpose. Acad Med. 2017. Accepted for publication.
- Hemmer PA, Kelly WF. We need to talk: clinical competency committees in the key of c(onversation). Perspect Med Educ. 2017 May 23. doi:10.1007/s40037-017-0360-2. PMID: 28536965.
- Pock AR, Ottolini M, Pangaro LN, Gilliland WR, Reamy BV, Hemmer PA, Stephens M, O'Brien A, Laughlin L. Academic change management: leadership lessons from curricular reform. Mil Med. 2015;180(4 Suppl):158-60.
- Hemmer PA, Tong T, Durning SJ, Pangaro LN. Novel Examination for Evaluating Medical Student Clinical Reasoning: Reliability and Association with Patients Seen. Mil Med. 2015;180(4 Suppl):79-87.
- Hemann BA, Durning SJ, Kelly WF, Dong T, Pangaro LN, Hemmer PA. Referral for Competency Committee Review for Performance on the Internal Medicine Clerkship is Associated with Poor Performance in Internship. Mil Med. 2015;180(4 Suppl):71-6.
- Hemann BA, Durning SJ, Kelly WF, Dong T, Pangaro LN, Hemmer PA. The Association of Students Requiring Remediation in the Internal Medicine Clerkship with Poor Performance During Internship. Mil Med. 2015;180(4 Suppl):47-53.
- Hemmer PA. Directing a Clerkship over Geographically Separate Sites. Chapter 9, Guidebook for Clerkship Directors, Bruce Morgenstern editor, 4th Edition. Alliance for Clinical Education. Gegensatz Press. North Syracuse, NY. 2012. ISBN 978-1-933237-03-9.
- Frye AW, Hemmer PA. Program evaluation models and related theories: AMEE guide no. 67. Med Teach. 2012;34(5):e288-99. doi: 10.3109/0142159X.2012.668637.
- Gleeson T, Hemmer PA. Providing Care to Military Personnel and Their Families: Why It Matters and How We Can All Contribute. Acad Med. 2014 Sep;89(9):1201-03.