Ramey Wilson, MD, MPH
Ramey L. Wilson, MD, MPH, Colonel, Army
Name: Ramey L. Wilson, MD, MPH, Colonel, Army
Operational Medicine and Health Engagement
Masters in Public Health (Global Health) Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 2013 – 2015
M.S. in Defense Analysis Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA 2012 – 2013
Graduate Certificate in Stability Ops Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA 2013
Internal Medicine Residency Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 2003 – 2005
Internal Medicine Internship Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 2002 – 2003
Doctor of Medicine Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 1998 – 2002
B.S. in Engineering Psychology United States Military Academy, West Point, NY 1990 – 1994
- Curtin JM, Marle A, Lock C, McLeroy RD, Martinez LJ, Wilson RL. The Medical Relief in Place for United States Forces: Considerations, Risks, and Interoperability. Mil Med. 2020 Oct 3:usaa324. doi: 10.1093/milmed/usaa324. PMID: 33007068.
- Hall A, Morrow L, Monsaert K, Wilson R, Dixon M. “Converting a Small Surgical Team into a Pandemic Response Team for an Isolated Population.” Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2020. 10 April 2020. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2020.04.001
- Mclaughlin, S, Wilson RL. “A Tiered Framework for Medical Interoperability.” Mil Med. 2020 Mar 2;185(3-4):330-333. doi: 10.1093/milmed/usz420.
- Wilson RL, Speilmann L, Dowdall-Garberson K. “A Medical Interoperability Scale for Medical Security Force Assistance and Health Engagements.” Mil Med. 2017 Nov;182(11):1735-1737. doi: 10.7205/MILMED-D-17-00320.
- Wilson RL. “Disasters and Conflict Zones Around the World: The Roles and Relationships of Military and Nongovernmental Organizations.” Book Chapter in Igniting the Power of Community: The Role of CBOs and NGOs in Global Public Health, Springer, New York 2009, 109-141.
- Hartzel J, Cohee B, Yu C, Nelson M, and Wilson R. “Moving beyond Accidental Leadership: A Graduate Medical Education Leadership Curriculum Needs Assessment.
- Hays M, Andrews M, Wilson R, Callender D, O'Malley PG, Douglas K. “Reporting quality of randomised controlled trial abstracts among high-impact general medical journals: a review and analysis.” BMJ Open. 2016 Jul 28;6(7):e011082. http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/6/7/e011082.long
- Gaist PA and Wilson RL. Separate and Equal: Building Better Relationships with the International Humanitarian. Joint Forces Quarterly. 2016; 80(1st Quarter):45-53. http://dtic.mil/doctrine/jfq/jfq.htm
- Wilson RL, Moawad FJ and Hartzell JD. “Lessons for Conducting Health Development at the Tactical Level.” Mil Med. 2015 April; 180(4):368–373. http://dx.doi.org/10.7205/MILMED-D-14-00319 PMID: 25826340
- Wilson, RL. "The Role of Medical Development in Support of Security." Combating Terrorism Exchange (CTX) Journal. 2013 Nov; 3(4): 35-39. Available at: https://globalecco.org/the-role-of-medical-development-in-support-of-security