Robert DeFraites, MD MPH
Robert F DeFraites, MD MPH
Name: Robert F DeFraites, MD MPH
Epidemiology of infectious diseases of military importance
travel and tropical medicine, general public health practice
1980 MD Tulane Univ Sch of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
1988 MPH Johns Hopkins Sch of Hygiene and Public Health, Balto, MD
- Aronson N, Naouar I, Koles N, Bigley D, Jeronimo S, Duncan R, Copeland N, Oliver T, Franzos M, and DeFraites R. Surveillance of latent visceral leishmaniasis among Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) deployers. (Poster #16-0071). 2016 Military Health System Research Symposium, Kissimmee, FL, August 15-18, 2016
- Lee E, Miller RH, Masuoka P, Schiffman E, Wanduragala D, DeFraites R, Dunlop S, Stauffer W, Hickey P. Mapping Imported Malaria in Minnesota: Identifying Communities at Risk. (Poster #LB5122). 65th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Atlanta, GA 14-17 November 2016.
- DeFraites RF, Niebuhr DW, Teneza BC, Clark LL, Ludwig SL. Comparative morbidity and mortality of women in the U.S. military during a decade of warfare. (Chapter 1). In Women at War; Female Service Members after 9/11. Editors: Ritchie EC, Naclerio A. Oxford University Press, Oxford, England, May 2015.
- DeFraites RF, Sanchez JL, Brandt CA, Kadlec RP, Haberberger RL, Lin JJ, Taylor DN. An outbreak of Campylobacter enteritis associated with a community water supply on a U.S. military installation. Medical Surveillance Monthly Report (MSMR) 21(11):10-15, November 2014.
- Otto JL, DeFraites RF, and Holodniy M. Public health practice is not research. American Journal of Public Health 104 (4): 596-602, April 2014.
- DeFraites RF. The Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center: enhancing the Military Health System’s public health capabilities. BMC Public Health 11 (Suppl 2): S1, March 2011.
- DeFraites RF, Gambel JM, Hoke CH, Sanchez JL, Withers BG, Karabatsos N, Shope RE, Tirrell S, Yoshida I, Takagi M, Meschievitz CK, Tsai TF. Japanese encephalitis vaccine (inactivated, BIKEN) in US soldiers: immunogenicity and safety of vaccine administered in two dosing regimens. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 61:288-293, August 1999
- Smoak BM, DeFraites RF, Magill AJ, Kain KC, Wellde BT. Plasmodium vivax infections in US Army troops: failure of primaquine to prevent relapse in studies from Somalia. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 56(2):231-4, February 1997.
- Cowan D, DeFraites RF, Gray GC, Goldenbaum M, Wishik S. A records-based evaluation of the risk of birth defects among children of Gulf War veterans. New England Journal of Medicine 336(23):1650-6, June 5, 1997
- Writer JV, DeFraites RF, Brundage JF. Comparative mortality among US military personnel in the Persian Gulf region and worldwide during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. JAMA 275(2):118-121, January 10, 1996