Stacy Rustico, M.D.
Stacy Rustico, M.D., Lieutenant Commander, Navy
Name: Stacy Rustico, M.D., Lieutenant Commander, Navy
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
1999 – 2003, BSE, Biomedical Engineering
Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
2004 – 2008, MD
Following medical school, LCDR Rustico trained in Pediatrics at Naval Medical Center San Diego, completing training in 2011. Following residency, LCDR Rustico served as a Staff Pediatrician at Naval Hospital Guantanamo Bay. After a year of attending to the children residing in GTMO, she started fellowship at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
In 2015 she completed training and returned to NMCSD where she works as a Pediatric Endocrinologist and is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics for the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences. LCDR Rustico is currently serving as the DMS Representative to the Medical Executive Committee as well as Chair of the Professional Education Committee. She is involved in Career Development Boards and the Transition to Practice Symposium within the Career and Professional Development Committee.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Career and Professional Development Committee, Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Medical Executive Committee, DMS Representatitive, Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Rustico SE, Calabria AC, Garber SJ. Metabolic Bone Disease of Prematurity. Journal of Clinical and Translational Endocrinology. 2014; 1(3):85-91.
- Rustico SE, et al. Calcitriol treatment in metabolic bone disease of prematurity with elevated parathyroid hormone: A preliminary study. Journal of Clinical and Translational Endocrinology. 2014; 2(1):14-20
- Harrison VS, Rustico SE, Palladino AA, Ferrara C, Hawkes CP. Glargine co-administration with intravenous insulin in pediatric diabetic ketoacidosis is safe and facilitates transition to a subcutaneous regimen. Pediatric Diabetes, 2016. doi:10.1111/pedi.12462
- Roy S, Rustico SE, Kublaoui B. Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome. Ahima RS (Ed.) Metabolic Syndrome. A Comprehensive Textbook, pp. 829-849,