Susan Sheehy, MSN, MS, PhD
Susan B Sheehy, MSN, MS, PhD
Name: Susan B Sheehy, MSN, MS, PhD
Veterans' Wellness, Wounded Warriors' Wellness,
MSN - Catholic University of America (Cardiovascular Nursing)
MS - Dartmouth College (Clinical Outcomes Research and Health Policy)
PhD - Boston College (Nursing Research)
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Emergency Nurses Association National President (1995) Board of Directors (1985-1996)
- Emergency Nurses Association Foundation President 2003-04
- American Academy of Nursing Expert Panel: Military and Veterans’ Issues (2014 - present)
- Center for Global Health Engagement APRRP Trauma Nursing Program Team Leader
- United States Department of Defense Spirit of Service Award
- Convocation Speaker - Boston College Connell School of Nursing
- Commencement Speaker - Boston University Sargent College of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Emergency Nurses Assocoiation Lifetime Achievement Award
- Emergency Nurses Association Judith C. Kelleher Award (ENA"s HIghest HOnor)
- American Academy of Nursing Fellow and Academy of Emergency Nursing Fellow
- *Sheehy, S.B., (2013). A nurse-coached exercise program to increase muscle strength, improve quality of life, and increase self-efficacy in people with tetraplegic spinal cord injuries. The Journal of Neuroscience Nursing.August. E2-12.
- Blaz, D., Woodson, J. & Sheehy, S.B. (2013). The emerging role of combat nursing: The ultimate emergency nursing challenge. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 39:6, 6
- Sheehy, S.B. (1979, 1984, 1990, 1995, 1999). Mosby's Manual of Emergency Care, St. Louis, 1st Edition 1979 (Barber & Budassi) (also printed in Italian); 2nd Edition 1984 (Budassi & Barber); 3rd Edition 1990 (Sheehy); 4th Edition (Sheehy & Lombardi), 1995; 5th Edition (Sheehy & Lenehan) 1999; 6th, edition (2007) and 7th edition (2012) - Sheehy’s Manual of Emergency Care were edited by the Emergency Nurses Association. St. Louis: Mosby/Elsevier Publishing Co.
- Sheehy, S.B. (1989, 1993, 1999). Manual of Clinical Trauma Care: The First Hour, 1st Edition, 1989 (Sheehy, Marvin, & Jimmerson), 2nd Edition, 1993 (Sheehy & Jimmerson), 3rd edition, 1999 (Sheehy, Danis, Blansfield & Gervasini). St. Louis: Mosby/Elsevier Publishing Co.
- Sheehy, S.B. (1981, 1985, 1992) Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice, St. Louis, 1st Edition, 1981 (Barber & Budassi), 2nd Edition, 1985 (Budassi & Barber), 3rd Edition 1992 (Sheehy) (also printed in Chinese). The 4th edition (1998) (also printed in Chinese), 5th edition (2003), 6th edition (2007) and 7th edition (2012) of Sheehy's Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice were edited by the Emergency Nurses Association, Mosby/Elsevier Publishing Co.
- Sheehy, S.B. (2016). Persons with Disabilities in the Wilderness. In Auerbach, P.S. (7th edition). Wilderness Medicine. St. Louis: Mosby-Elsevier.
- Sheehy, S.B. (2010). A Nurse Coached Exercise Program to Increase Muscle Strength, Improve Quality of Life, and Increase Self-Efficacy in People with Tetraplegic Spinal Cord Injuries (Doctoral Dissertation). Boston College Connell Graduate School of Nursing. UMI Number 3409169.