Tamara Worlton, M.D.
Tamara J. Worlton, M.D., Commander, Navy
Name: Tamara J. Worlton, M.D., Commander, Navy
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, M.D.
National Naval Medical Center, general surgery residency
Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, MIS/Bariatric Fellowship
USU Graduate Certificate in Global Health and Global Health Engagement
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- 2021: Fulbright Scholar to Sri Lanka
- 2020: USNS COMFORT T-AH 20 Deployment to NYC
- 2019: USNS COMFORT T-AH 20 2019 Deployment in support of Continuing Promise
- 2018: USNS MERCY T-AH 19 Pacific Partnership Deployement
- 2015: Director of Surgical Services, Camp Lemonnier Djibouti, Deployment
- 2011: Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan, Deployment
- 2009: USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72), Ship's Surgeon
- The gap of educational standards- Another reason for unsuccessful management of mass casualty incidents. Bala M, Worlton T, Ratnayake A. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. (2020) Doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2020.12.050.
- A call for a global terrorism related mass casualty incident response research consortium. Ratnayake A, Abayajeewa K, Samarakoon S, Worlton T and ESARC group. European Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery. 2021 Jan 7. Doi:10.1007/s00068-020-01572-1.
- Ethical considerations for surgical planners from the lessons learned on USNS COMFORT (T-AH 20) Deployment 2019. Younger A, Worlton TJ, Wallace S, Steigleman WA, Ortiz-Pomales YT. Military Medicine. (2020) Dec 22;usaa407. Doi: 10.1093/milmed/usaa407.
- What’s new in Academic International Medicine? International health security agenda- Expanded and re-defined. Le NK, Garg M, Izurieta R, Garg SM, Papadimos TJ, Arquilla B, Miller AC, Khan AM, Worlton TJ, Firstenberg M, Galwankar S, Raina SK, Anderson H, Jeanmonod R, Kaufmann K, Jeanmonod D, De Wulf A, McCallister D, Bloem C, Opara IN, Martin N, Asensio JA, Stawicki SP. International Journal of Academic Medicine (2020) Sep 6(3):163-178. Doi: 10.4103/IJAM.IJAM_113_20
- Impact of Compounding Factors in Limb Salvage in Combat Extremity Arterial Injuries During the Sri Lankan Civil War. Ratnayake A, Bala M, Fox CJ, Jayatilleke A, Thalgaspitiya SPB, Worlton TJ. British Medical Journal Military Health. 2020 Aug 5. Doi:10.1136/bmjmilitary-2020-001508
- USNS COMFORT (T-AH 20) Surgical Services Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in New York City. Worlton TJ, Uber IC, Bronaugh S, Liedtke E, Dougherty JW, Pinkos KA, Weimerskirch B, Johnson M. Annals of Surgery. 2020 Oct;272(4)e269-271. Doi: 10.1097/SLA.0000000000004320