Thomas Flagg, PhD
Thomas P. Flagg, PhD
Name: Thomas P. Flagg, PhD
M.S. University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD Major: Physiology 1994 – 1996
Ph.D. University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD Major: Physiology 1996 – 2001
Mentor: Paul A. Welling, M.D.
Postdoctoral Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 2001 - 2004
Mentor: Colin G. Nichols, Ph.D.
- Flagg, TP, SW Rothwell, and BE Neubauer. Avoiding the chopping block in curricular reform - re-imagining physiology laboratories in the era of integrated medical curricula. Adv Physiol Educ, 41: 279-285, 2017.
- Klein, MG, M Shou, J Stohlman, M Haigney, RR Tidwell, TP Flagg, RE Goldstein, MC Haigney. Role of IK1 Suppression on Terminal Action Potential Repolarization in the Failing Heart. Heart Rhythm, 14:1217-1223, 2017.
- Klein, MG, MC Haigney, PS Mehler, N Fatima, TP Flagg, and MJ Krantz. Potent Inhibition of hERG Channels by the Over-The Counter Anti-Diarrheal Agent Loperamide, JACC Clin Electrophysiol, 251, 2016.
- Fatima, N, DC Cohen, JF Schooley, Jr., MC Haigney, WC Claycomb, CL Dalgard, RT Cox, SE Bates, and TP Flagg. Histone deacetylase inhibitors modulate KATP subunit transcription in HL-1 cardiomyocytes through effects on cholesterol. Frontiers Pharmacol, 6:168, 2015.
- Schooley, Jr., JF, AMA Namboodiri, RT Cox, R Bunger, and TP Flagg. Acetate Transiently Inhibits Myocardial Contraction by Increasing Mitochondrial Calcium Uptake. BMC Physiol,14:12, 2014.
- Noonan AM, RA Eisch, DJ Liewehr,TM Sissung, D Venzon, TP Flagg, MC Haigney, SM Steinberg, WD Figg, RL Piekarz, SE Bates. Electrocardiographic Studies of Romidepsin Demonstrate Its Safety and Identify a Potential Role for the KATP channel. Clin Cancer Res, 19: 3095-3104, 2013.
- Fatima, N., JF Schooley, Jr., WC Claycomb, and TP Flagg. Promoter DNA methylation regulates murine SUR1 (Abcc8) and SUR2 (Abcc9) expression in HL-1 cardiomyocytes. PlosOne, 7: e41533, 2012.