Traci Carter, BSN, MA
Traci M Carter, BSN, MA
Name: Traci M Carter, BSN, MA
Diabetes Quality Improvement
Pediatric Diabetes Population Health
Medical/Surgical Nurse Internship, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Regional Medical Center, Fairborn, OH
Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, VA
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- USAF-Nurse Corps Medical/Surgical Nurse 1993-1999
- NCBDE Certified Diabetes Educator since 2005
- AADE Annual Meeting poster presenter 2005, 2016, 2017 and upcoming speaker presentation at 2018 meeting.
- President of the Capitol Association of Diabetes Educators for 2009 and served as a Board Member from 2006 to 2010.
- Virginia Diabetes Council workgroup member and current co-chair of Diabetes in Schools Workgroup
- “Diabetes Educator of the Year” for the Capitol Region of the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) in 2009
- NCR Quality Award Winning Team for "Insulin Pump Back Up Plans", 2016
- DKA, Quality, and Costs: How a Written Back-Up Plan Saves Money and Lives. AADE in Practice. Winter 2017. Traci Carter, MA, RN, CDE; Anna Isfort, MD; Karen Vogt, MD; Jill Emerick, MD