Tyler Raymond, DO, MPH, FAAFP
Tyler Raymond, DO, MPH, FAAFP
Name: Tyler Raymond, DO, MPH, FAAFP
Student and resident education
Pain management and medication-assisted treatment
Family Medicine Residency 2011-2014, Womack Army Medical Center; Fort Bragg, NC
Doctor of Osteopathy (sigma sigma phi) May 2011, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine; Biddeford, ME
Master of Public Health (online) May 2011, University of New England College of Health Professions; Biddeford, ME
Bachelor of Science in Medical Biology (magna cum laude) May 2006, University of New England College of Arts and Sciences; Biddeford, ME
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Core Faculty at Madigan Army Medical Center: September 2016 to Present (research coordinator and student clerkship coordinator)
- MAJ, US Army Reserves; Tripler Army Medical Center: June 2019 to Present
- Family medicine faculty of the year, Madigan Army Medical Center: June 2020
- Deployed with the 86th Combat Support Hospital in support of Operation Inherent Resolve: April 2017 to January 2018
- Flight Surgeon with 2-158th AHB, 16th CAB; JBLM, WA: August 2014 to September 2016
- Chief Resident and Graduating Resident of the Year: Womack Family Medicine Residency June 2014
- Maurer DM, Raymond TJ, Davis BN. Depression: screening and diagnosis. American Family Physician. 2018, 98(8):508-515. PMID: 30277728
- Busey CB, Newsome CJ, Raymond TJ, O'Mara MH. Implementation of a resident-led osteopathic manipulative treatment clinic in an allopathic residency. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2015, 115(12):732-737. PMID: 26618819
- Ingram BJ and Raymond TJ. Recognition and treatment of freezing and non-freezing cold injuries. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2013, 12(2):125-130. PMID: 23478565.
- John J. Lowery, Tyler J. Raymond, Denise Giuvelis, Jean M. Bidlack, Robin Polt, and Edward J. Bilsky. In vivo characterization of MMP2200, a mixed delta/mu opioid agonist, in mice. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 2011, 336(3):767-778. PMID: 21118955.
- Janet Yancey-Wrona, Tyler J. Raymond, Hannah K. Mercer, Wolfgang Sadee and Edward J. Bilsky. 6-beta-naltrexol preferentially antagonizes opioid effects on gastrointestinal transit compared to antinociception in mice. Life Sciences. 2009, 85(11-12):413-20. PMID: 19583969.
- Kejun Cheng, In Jong Kim, Mei-Jing Lee, Steven A. Adah, Tyler J. Raymond, Edward Bilsky, Christina M. Dersch, Richard B. Rothman, Arthur E. Jacobson and Kenner C. Rice Opioid ligands with mixed properties from substituted enantiomeric N-phenethyl-5-phenylmorphans. Synthesis of a micro-agonist delta-antagonist and delta-inverse agonists. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry. 2007, 5(8):1177-90. PMID: 17406716.
- Tyler Raymond and Nicholas Destefano. “Doc, I have a High Pain Threshold” Exploring the Evidence and Effectiveness of Non-opioid Medications for Chronic Pain. Uniformed Services Academy of Family Physicians Annual Meeting, St. Louis, MO. March 2019.
- Kaitlynn Christiansen, Tyler Raymond, and Scott Grogan. Clinic Happiness, Efficiency, and Continuity Survey (CHECS). Uniformed Services Academy of Family Physicians Annual Meeting, St. Louis, MO. March 2019.
- Wallace, Gregory et al. Honoring a patient’s choice: a practice improvement project on advance directives. STFM Conference on Practice Improvement, Tampa Bay, FL, December 2014.
- Blake Busey, Tyler Raymond, Jelaun Newsome, Heather O’Mara. Patient perceptions of implementing a resident-initiated osteopathic treatment clinic. The World Health Organization of National Colleges, Academies and Academic Associations of General Practitioners and Family Physicians, Lisbon, Portugal, July 2014.