Victor Ortiz, MD, CPE
Victor L. Ortiz, MD, CPE, Colonel, Air Force
Name: Victor L. Ortiz, MD, CPE, Colonel, Air Force
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Deputy Group Commander, 51 Medical Group, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea. Commander, 22 Aerospace Medicine Squadron, McConnell AFB, KS. Chief of Aerospace Medicine, 97 Medical Group, Altus AFB, OK. Flight Commander/Chief of Aerospace Medicine, 1st SOMDG, Hurlburt Field, FL. Director of Aerospace Medicine, International Health Specialist, USSOUTHCOM, Miami, FL. Squadron Medical Element/Flight Surgeon, 4th AMDS, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
- Instructor, Global Health Operations Defense Institute of Medical Operations (DIMO), JBSA-Lackland, TX
- Public Health Emergency Officer. Medical Acupuncturists. Special Forces Basic Combat Course, 20th Special Forces Group and Special Operations Medicine Course, AFSOC.
- Deployed to Al Jaber, Kuwait in 2015. Deployed to Port-au-Prince, Haiti in 2010. Deployed in the COMFORT Navy ship hospital to South and Central America in 2007 and 2009. Deployed to support Detainee Movement Operation in 2007. Deployed to Balad Iraq in 2006. Deployed to Manta Ecuador in 2004.
- Medical Director of Medical Readiness Exercises (MEDRETEs), SOUTHCOM. Course Director of Human Factors in Aviation course, Inter-American Air Force Academy, Lackland, TX.
- International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance, United Nations System Staff College, Fordham University, New York. Western Hemisphere, Foreign Service Institute, US Department of State
- Medals: Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal x5, Air Medal, Air Force Commendation Medal, Air Force Achievement Medal x4, National Defense Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal x2, Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Golden Border x4