William Haffner, M.D.
William H.J. Haffner, M.D.
Name: William H.J. Haffner, M.D.
American Indian and Alaska Native Women's Healthcare
M.D. Degree from George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
Internship in Surgery, George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC
Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, NY, NY
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Chief, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Clinical Director, Gallup Indian Medical Center, 1971-1981
- Attending Physician, National Naval Medical Center and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, 1981-2016
- On-site clerkship director, then medical student program director, NNMC and USUHS, 1983-1997
- Residency Program Director, NNMC and Uniformed Services Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1994-2005
- Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, USUHS, 1992-2003
- Editor-in-Chief, Military Medicine, AMSUS, 2006-2017, Editor Emeritus 2018-
- President, Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2006-2007
- Chief Medical Officer, U.S. Public Health Service. 1990-1994