Yifan Chen, PhD, MD
Yifan Chen, PhD, MD
Name: Yifan Chen, PhD, MD
Cardiovascular regulation and thermoregulatory physiology
M.S. National Institute of Sports Medicine, Beijing, China
Ph.D. Kent State University
- Chen Y, and Yu T. Glucocorticoid receptor activation is associated with increased resistance to heat-induced hyperthermia and injury. Acta Physiol (Oxf) 2017. doi: 10.1111/apha.13015.
- Yu T, Deuster P, and Chen Y. Role of dynamin-related protein 1-mediated mitochondrial fission in resistance of mouse C2C12 myoblasts to heat injury. J Physiol 2016. doi: 10.1113/JP272885
- Chen Y, and Islam A. Transgenic sickle cell trait mice do not exhibit abnormal thermoregulatory and stress responses to heat shock exposure. Blood Cells Mol Dis 59: 124-128, 2016. doi: 10.1016/j.bcmd.2016.04.011.
- Chen Y, Islam A, Abraham P, and Deuster P. Single-dose oral quercetin improves redox status but does not affect heat shock response in mice. Nutrition research 34: 623-629, 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.nutres.2014.06.005.
- Islam A, Deuster PA, Devaney JM, Ghimbovschi S, and Chen Y. An Exploration of Heat Tolerance in Mice Utilizing mRNA and microRNA Expression Analysis. PLoS One 8: e72258, 2013. Epub 2013/08/24. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0072258.
- slam A, Abraham P, Hapner CD, Deuster PA, and Chen Y. Tissue-specific upregulation of HSP72 in mice following short-term administration of alcohol. Cell stress & chaperones 18: 215-222, 2013. Epub 2012/09/27. doi: 10.1007/s12192-012-0375-x.
- Islam A, Abraham P, Hapner CD, Andrews-Shigaki B, Deuster P, and Chen Y. Heat exposure induces tissue stress in heat-intolerant, but not heat-tolerant, mice. Stress 16: 244-253, 2013. Epub 2012/05/29. doi: 10.3109/10253890.2012.696754.
- Hapner CD, Deuster P, and Chen Y. Inhibition of oxidative hemolysis by quercetin, but not other antioxidants. ChemBiolInteract 186: 275-279, 2010. doi: S0009-2797(10)00348-0 [pii];10.1016/j.cbi.2010.05.010 [doi].
- Chen Y, Pearlman A, Luo Z, and Wilcox CS. Hydrogen peroxide mediates a transient vasorelaxation with tempol during oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293: H2085-H2092, 2007.
- Chen Y, Gill PS, and Welch WJ. Oxygen availability limits renal NADPH-dependent superoxide production. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289: F749-F753, 2005.