Yumin Zhang, MD, PhD
Yumin Zhang, MD, PhD
Name: Yumin Zhang, MD, PhD
Modulation of endocannabinoid signaling in neurological diseases
Key words: Traumatic Brain Injury, Neuropathic pain, Multiple Sclerosis, Endocannabinoids, Eicosanoids
• Ph.D. Biochemistry, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
• Postdoctoral Fellow: Neurology, Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- • Tanaka M, Sackett S and Zhang Y. Endocannabinoid Modulation of Microglial Phenotypes in Neuropathology. Front Neurol. 2020 Feb 14;11:87.
- • Tanaka M, Yagyu K, Sackett S and Zhang Y. Anti-inflammatory effects by pharmacological inhibition of knockdown of fatty acid amide hydrolase in BV2 microglia cells. Cells 2019, 8(5), 491
- • Selvaraj P, Wen J, Tanaka M and Zhang Y. Therapeutic effect of a novel fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitor PF04457845 in the repetitive closed head injury mouse model. Journal of Neurotrauma 2019 May 15;36(10):1655-1669.
- • Tanaka M, Li H, Zhang X, Singh J, Dalgard C, Wilkerson M, and Zhang Y. Region- and time-dependent gene regulation in a PTSD-like mouse model by RNA-seq analysis. Molecular Brain 2019 Mar 28;12(1):25.
- • Jones M, Wen J, Selvaraj P, Tanaka M, Moran S and Zhang Y. Therapeutic effect of the substrate selective COX-2 inhibitor IMMA in the animal model of chronic constriction injury. Frontiers in Pharmacology 2018; 9:1481.
- • Wen J, Jones M, Tanaka M, Selvaraj P, Symes AJ, Cox B, Zhang Y. WWL70 protects against chronic constriction injury-induced neuropathic pain in mice by cannabinoid receptor-independent mechanisms. J Neuroinflammation. 2018; 15(1):9.
- • Tanaka M, Moran S, Wen J, Affram K, Chen T, Symes AJ, Zhang Y. WWL70 attenuates PGE2 production derived from 2-arachidonoylglycerol in microglia by ABHD6-independent mechanism. J Neuroinflammation. 2017; 14(1):7.
- • Wen J, Ariyannur P.S., Ribeiro R, Tanaka M, Moffett J.R., Kirmani B.F., Namboodiri A.M.A. and Zhang Y. Comparative effects of melatonin and N-acetylserotonin in the EAE model of multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2016; 11:763-773.
- • Wen J, Ribeiro R, Tanaka M and Zhang Y. Activation of CB2 receptor is required for the therapeutic effect of ABHD6 inhibition in the experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Neuropharmacology 2015; 99:196-209.
- • Tchantchou F, Tucker LB, Fu AH, Bluett RJ, McCabe JT, Patel S and Zhang Y. The fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitor PF-3845 promotes neuronal survival, attenuates inflammation and improves functional recovery in mice with traumatic brain injury. Neuropharmacology 2014; 85:427-439.