Whatever the reason, meeting our daily quota for vitamins and minerals does not happen if we don’t plan ahead and simply grab foods on the go. So if you’re concerned that the fastest fare isn’t the most nutritious, then quench your thirst for knowledge with these convenient ways to eat more nutritious foods without sacrificing taste.
Six Tips for Eating on the Go
- Keep healthy snacks with you and at the places you frequent most. Doing so will help you avoid eating fast foods.
- Choose deli-style fast food restaurants where you can order a vegetable-filled sandwich on a whole grain wrap or bread. Order fewer fried foods.
- Monitor portion sizes. Order the regular size of a meal or even a kid's meal for yourself. Avoid supersizing - the larger the portion, the more calories, fat, and sodium you’ll consume.
- Choose the healthy options.
- Cut the condiments.
- Ditch the devilish drink. Avoid high calorie drinks.