Ever have a burning sensation in your chest or throat? Well, it could be heartburn.
What is Heartburn?
A painful burning sensation in your chest or throat, usually just behind your breastbone.
- Stomach acid backing up into your esophagus
- Trigger foods and beverages
- Some medications
- Excess body weight
- Eating then lying on your back
- Burning sensation in the chest after eating
- Burning or “off” taste in the throat
- Feeling that food is “sticking” in the middle of the chest or throat
- Eat slowly
- Wear loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid triggers foods/drinks
- Stop smoking
- Limit or avoid alcohol
- Try to avoid overeating
- If overweight, try to lose weight
- Try to avoid going to bed with a full stomach