At first, planning meals takes a little extra time and effort beyond what you are used to spending on preparing and eating meals. Remember that food is an integral part of your life and health and deserves some quality time. Eventually, meal planning becomes second nature. Planning meals will become a valuable habit that will save you time and money.
- What is your eating pattern?
- Does your eating pattern prevent you from getting hungry?
- What foods do your family members enjoy eating?
- How much do you budget for food?
- How much time do I put into planning my meals?
- How comfortable am I with adapting my eating pattern to be consistent with my weight-loss plan?
- How will meal planning help me meet the Dietary Guidelines?
Meal Planning is a three-step process
- STEP 1: Decide on your meals
- STEP 2: Create the shopping list
- STEP 3: Use your plan!