The contents of this website are for general information only. Individuals seeking legal information & assistance should consult a licensed attorney. Neither the University nor the United States Government warrants the accuracy & reliability of the information contained herein. No liability is assumed.
Office of General Counsel
Office of General Counsel
Updates and Announcements
Registration is now open
2018 Federal Health Law Course
Dates: September 11-13, 2018
Location: Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), San Antonio, TX
Note on lodging: we recommend using Army lodge accommodations with IHG. Choose IHG Fort Sam, TX.
To register, please complete the form linked here. Registration will close 9 September 2018. The deadline to request CLE credit is 7 August 2018.
Regarding the off-site attendance capabilities: only VTC will be available for off-site attendance this year. Off-site attendees are encouraged to coordinate with their command or Service to establish centralized VTC locations convenient to other attendees in a particular region or location. Off-site attendees are responsible for coordinating VTC capability directly with the VTC point of contact, SPC Francsco Gayton. If you plan to participate in the symposium by VTC, please submit your VTC Site ID to SPC Francisco Gaytan by e-mail at francisco.r.gaytan.mil@mail.
Symposium Agenda: Agenda.
2018 FHLC Icebreaker
On 11 September 2018 there will be an icebreaker social event at "La Gloria" in the Pearl Brewery complex. Please RSVP for this on your registration form if you are interested in attending. $20 per person will be collected the first day of the course if you are going.
For questions regarding the course, please email FHLC_2018email@example.com.
Course materials will be posted as they become available.
DoD Guidance for Political Activity
During the election cycle all DoD personnel – military and civilian – should be aware of the various limitations that exist when it comes to participation in political activity. Guidance on Political Activity
The USUHS Office of General Counsel is that part of the Defense Legal Services Agency which serves the USUHS community. We provide legal advice, opinions, and direction in a proactive fashion to support the mission of USUHS administratively.
We serve the Uniformed Services and the Nation as an academic center of Medical Jurisprudence with an ecumenical perspective for teaching, scholarly activities, service and consultation in bioethics, medical/legal standards, and emerging issues of health care delivery.
- We are the most resourceful and responsive unit of the Defense Legal Services Agency dedicated to excellence and innovation in education, research, and service with our university to our Nation.
- Our Institute of Medical Jurisprudence is recognized as the preeminent center for study of medical-legal issues in health care delivery.
- We are a resource for the medical profession, the legal profession, Congress and the Nation for direction in emerging bioethical issues in research and treatment.
- We support the uniformed services medical community in management of health resources through our Masters and Ph.D. programs in Medical Jurisprudence.
- We are able to sustain our scholarly activities through grants and endowments awarded in recognition of our unique contribution to the Nation.
- We recognize our part in university Development and are instrumental in the award of the Deming or Baldridge award to the University.
- We subscribe to the USUHS Guiding Principles in all of our activities.
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road, A1030
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
Phone: (301) 295-3028
Joint Office of Technology Transfer (JOTT)
JOTT (HJF) Staff
Katherine S. Lipka(link sends e-mail), Ph.D., Director
Aiofe Cullen, Ph.D., Technology Transfer Manager
Robert Koenig, Ph.D., Technology Transfer Associate