The contents of this website are for general information only. Individuals seeking legal information & assistance should consult a licensed attorney. Neither the University nor the United States Government warrants the accuracy & reliability of the information contained herein. No liability is assumed.
Office of General Counsel
Office of General Counsel
Updates and Announcements
2020 Federal Health Law Course
FHLC 2020 will be held virtually on September 9 and 10, 2020, from 1300 - 1700 each day.
There could be an onsite attendance option in the National Capital Region with limited attendance numbers where social distancing will be available. We are trying to gauge the feasibility and interest in that option. If you are interested in this option you may select this on the registration form.
DoD Guidance for Political Activity
During the election cycle all DoD personnel – military and civilian – should be aware of the various limitations that exist when it comes to participation in political activity. Guidance on Political Activity
The USUHS Office of General Counsel is that part of the Defense Legal Services Agency which serves the USUHS community. We provide legal advice, opinions, and direction in a proactive fashion to support the mission of USUHS administratively.
We serve the Uniformed Services and the Nation as an academic center of Medical Jurisprudence with an ecumenical perspective for teaching, scholarly activities, service and consultation in bioethics, medical/legal standards, and emerging issues of health care delivery.
- We are the most resourceful and responsive unit of the Defense Legal Services Agency dedicated to excellence and innovation in education, research, and service with our university to our Nation.
- Our Institute of Medical Jurisprudence is recognized as the preeminent center for study of medical-legal issues in health care delivery.
- We are a resource for the medical profession, the legal profession, Congress and the Nation for direction in emerging bioethical issues in research and treatment.
- We support the uniformed services medical community in management of health resources through our Masters and Ph.D. programs in Medical Jurisprudence.
- We are able to sustain our scholarly activities through grants and endowments awarded in recognition of our unique contribution to the Nation.
- We recognize our part in university Development and are instrumental in the award of the Deming or Baldridge award to the University.
- We subscribe to the USUHS Guiding Principles in all of our activities.
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road, A1030
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
Phone: (301) 295-3028
Joint Office of Technology Transfer (JOTT)
JOTT (HJF) Staff
Aiofe Cullen, Ph.D., Director
Xin Peng, Ph.D., Technology Transfer Senior Associate
Robert Koenig, Ph.D., Technology Transfer Associate