The contents of this website are for general information only. Individuals seeking legal information & assistance should consult a licensed attorney. Neither the University nor the United States Government warrants the accuracy & reliability of the information contained herein. No liability is assumed.
Office of General Counsel
Office of General Counsel
Updates and Announcements
2016 Federal Health Law Course
In-Person attendance closes effective 1200 EDT September 2, 2016.
Dates: September 13-14, 2016; September 15, 2016: Service specific optional breakout sessions
Location: Naval Support Activity, Building NH-32, Naval Reserve Forces Command, 1915 Forrestal Drive, Norfolk, VA 23551
To register for the course to include CLE complete the Online 2016 FHLC registration
The deadline to request CLE is August 10, 2016.
a) Navy Lodge Norfolk, (757) 489-2656, (201 rooms available), 1.1 mile walk to Course Site.
b) Navy Gateway, NSA Hamptons Roads, (757) 394-9054 (34 rooms available), 0.6 mile walk to Course Site.
c) Navy Gateway, Naval Station Norfolk, (757) 394-9164 (600 rooms available), 12 minute drive to Course Site.
milSuite Guidance for access to online course materials
Remote Attendee Information
DoD Guidance for Political Activity
During the election cycle all DoD personnel – military and civilian – should be aware of the various limitations that exist when it comes to participation in political activity. Guidance on Political Activity
The USUHS Office of General Counsel is that part of the Defense Legal Services Agency which serves the USUHS community. We provide legal advice, opinions, and direction in a proactive fashion to support the mission of USUHS administratively.
We serve the Uniformed Services and the Nation as an academic center of Medical Jurisprudence with an ecumenical perspective for teaching, scholarly activities, service and consultation in bioethics, medical/legal standards, and emerging issues of health care delivery.
- We are the most resourceful and responsive unit of the Defense Legal Services Agency dedicated to excellence and innovation in education, research, and service with our university to our Nation.
- Our Institute of Medical Jurisprudence is recognized as the preeminent center for study of medical-legal issues in health care delivery.
- We are a resource for the medical profession, the legal profession, Congress and the Nation for direction in emerging bioethical issues in research and treatment.
- We support the uniformed services medical community in management of health resources through our Masters and Ph.D. programs in Medical Jurisprudence.
- We are able to sustain our scholarly activities through grants and endowments awarded in recognition of our unique contribution to the Nation.
- We recognize our part in university Development and are instrumental in the award of the Deming or Baldridge award to the University.
- We subscribe to the USUHS Guiding Principles in all of our activities.
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road, A1030