To initiate access to USU's electronic resources, residents must first enroll as a University student using theprocess described above.
Single Sign-On Account and Sakai Learning Management System
A Single Sign-On (SSO) account is requred to access University electronic resources.
- After registration is completed, Residents will be issued a Single Sign on (SSO) account, enabling login to the Sakai Learning Management System and Empower Registrar system
- From a CAC-enabled computer, go to the USU Account Request Application at : https://apps.usuhs.edu/account-registration/
- Please check your military and/or personal email accounts for an email message from Sakaihelp@usuhs.edu.
- That message will provide you with a SSO username/password. These can be used to log in to your account from a non-CAC emabled computer.
- Log in to the SSO account and follow instructions to link your CAC to the account.
Sakai Learning Management System
- Locate the University homepage at USUHS.edu.
- Click the Sakai icon at the top right hand portion of the home page.
- You will be taken to the SSO login page.
- Use your CAC or username/password to sign in.
- You will be taken to your personal ?Sakai Learning Management System home page.
Learning Resource Center (LRC)
The University's LRC is available to all Residents. The primary area of interest in the Learning Resource Center is the Dental Student Portal. It can be most directly accesed from the tab in Featured Resources at the lower right hand corner of the LRC homepage. The Portal is further tabbed by specialty with lists of electronic tetbooks and journals prominently displayed. On the main portal page you will also find access to numerous Research Resources such as Writing Guides, USU Research Format template, and request for LRC staff-aided literature search. These resources will be of value as you help your residents complete the research process. In addition, the LRC's Thesis and Dissertation collection, as well as a Poster Repository, can be accessed from the USU Archives tab located near the top of the Home Page. These resources can be searchd to display only those publicatons submitted by the Postgraduate Dental College. Theses and manuscripts from previous years' graduates will be listed. Poster presentation from faculty and students can be submitted to the Repository by following the instructions for Poster Submission located at the Library Services tab. These two locations serve as valuable sources of research ideas. Access to the LRC is obtained through the following process.
- Following registration and issuing SSO accounts, a list of eligible students will be forwarded to the LRC staff.
- LRC staff enter student data in a pre-approval database and send an email to each student inviting them to apply for a library account. Each student completes a registration form, identifies their program and acknowledges a user agreement and copyright warning. Students are then processed and their account credentials are sent back via email. Please check your military and/or personal email account for correspondence regarding your account.
- Once your receive your credentials, locate the University homepage at https://www.usuhs.edu.
- Click the word "Library" at the top right hand portion of the home page
- Your will be taken to the LRC home page
- Click the Login button at the top center portion of the LRC home page.
- You will be able to log in to your LRC account by using your SSO login credentials or by using your LRC username/password.
- You can also follow directions at the LRC login button to link your LRC username/password to your CAC.
- All dental residents enrolled in Master of Science degree programs will have access to EndNote and SPSS statistical software that will be beneficial while conducting research. The Adobe Personal Use program is also available to PDC students.
- To access these software packages, students will receive an email notification from No-Reply@amrdec.army.mil with the subject USU Software to download EndNote and SPSS software. Separately, an invitation wil be sent from Adobe to PDC students to access Adobe Personal USe software. Both notifications will be sent to the students' personal email account.