Office Hours & Locations

Main Campus, Bethesda, MD

Monday - Friday: 07:30 - 16:00

Bldg A. Rm 1041

(301) 400-4100

College of Allied Health Sciences, San Antonio, TX

Monday - Friday: 07:30-16:30

Bldg. 2398

Visit Our School

Uniformed Services University

Welcome to the University Registrar's Office

We hope to facilitate your journey to graduation from Uniformed Services University (USU) through our student-centered philosophy. The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) functions as a service office to provide students, alumni, faculty, administrators, military and other institutions with the necessary support as we maintain each student's academic record with integrity, respect and confidentiality. We emphasize the importance of treating all members of our community with respect and fairness. We comply with all federal, state and University rules and policies with regard to privacy.



Our Services include, but are not limited to:

  • Graduation and Diplomas: Degree Processing; Printing Diplomas; Verification of Diplomas
  • Records and Transcripts: Certifications and Verifications of Enrollment; Official Transcripts; Loan Deferment Forms; Recording MSPE and 4th year Deans Letters; and Licensure Forms (and accompanying documents)
  • Academic Services: Registration of Courses; Course Scheduling; and Final Grading Assistance
  • Faculty and Administrator Support with the student information system (Empower) and learning management system (Sakai)


Graduation and Diplomas 

Each school’s respective Dean’s Office hosts commencement activities in May. Additional information regarding ceremony details and other hosted graduation celebrations will be relayed directly from those Offices.


Replacement Diploma

In the event your diploma is lost, stolen, damaged, or you legally change your name, a request for a replacement diploma may be sent using our Diploma Request Form.  

The cost for a replacement diploma is $21.00 with the check payable to Framing Concepts, Inc.  Normal processing time is approximately two months.  The new diploma will bear the current names of the officials in office at the time the replacement is produced.  We require your orginal diploma in order to process your request.  If your original diploma is not available or if you need additional information, contact us at  

Please mail your diploma request form, check and original diploma to the following address: 

Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Attn: Office of the University Registrar
Room A1041
4301 Jones Bridge Road                            
Bethesda, Maryland  20814


Records and Transcripts


transcript is a summary of a student's grades/coursework at USU. An official transcript is deemed official if the transcript is printed on official transcript paper with the University Registrar’s signature and University seal embossed on it. Official transcripts are also sent directly from the Registrar’s Office in a sealed envelope, which is to not be broken- if that seal is broken, the transcript is then considered unofficial.

To request an official transcript: please complete the Transcript Request Form and email as an attachment to

To print an unofficial transcript from EmpowerWeb: current students can follow the steps below,

  1. Visit EmpowerWeb at; click Login here
  2. Under Student Records - Schedule Information, select Student Grade Report


Certifications and Verifications

For Enrollment Certifications and Verifications; Verification of Diplomas; Licensure Forms (and accompanying documentation); Dean's Letter/MSPE Letters; Loan Deferment Forms, and any other certifiation and/or verification requests, please send all necessary documents as an email attachment to

Please include in your email, the following information:

  • Your Full Name
  • Your Date of Birth
  • School Attended while at USU
  • Graduation Year
  • Item Requested
  • Complete mailing address of destination
  • Additional forms required to accompany transcript

For third party certifications and verifications: including degree verifications for employers, background screenings or agencies requesting similar information, please submit your request via email along with a signed authorization from the student to release academic record information, to


Verification of Diplomas issued before 1990

If you require a verification of diploma prior to 1990, please scan and email a legible copy of the Diploma to  Normal processing time is 5-7 business days.


Academic Services: 

Current students, staff, and administration (including faculty) can access the OUR's intranet site, which houses various resources relating to registration, course scheduling, and final grade assistance.

If you need assistance relating to course registration, or access to EmpowerWeb please email us at


Withdrawing from USU?

In the event you need to discuss withdrawing from USU, please contact the following:

  • CAHS, GSN, SOM Graduate Education, and PDC, please contact the Dean of the school.
  • SOM MD students please contact the SOM Office of Student Affairs.


Changing Personal Information for Current Personnel

To update phone, office and emergency contact information go to USU Directory.

To update personal address information:

  • Enrolled Military students in SOM and GSN should contact USU MILPO.
  • Enrolled Military students in CAHS and PDC please coordinate with your school.
  • Enrolled DOD Civilians please coordinate with CHR.
  • Other students please contact USU Security.
  • Please inform the Registrar of all name changes.