Research Fellowship - Instrument Development and Psychometric Training
Name: Theresa Dremsa
Rank: Lt. Col, USAF
Organization: The Geneva Foundation
Performance Site: Ohio State University
Year Published: 2003
Abstract Status: Final
The purpose of this Postdoctoral Fellowship at Ohio State University was to provide an opportunity for a "hands-on" research experience with the entire instrument development process. This involved one-on-one mentoring to:
- Enhance understanding of measurement theories and the instrument development process.
- Enhance understanding of the structural equation modeling method of analysis for future theory testing and construct validity testing of the CCATT instrument.
- Participate in Dr. Ryan-Wenger's current instrument-development study.
- Evaluate the content validity of instrument items obtained from the CCATT Nurses Deployed Experience study.
- Evaluate the options and select an appropriate scaling method for items and summary score method for the CCATT instrument.
- Design and implement a pilot study to evaluate the internal consistency and item response adequacy of the CCATT instrument.
- Design a study to evaluate the reliability and validity of the CCATT instrument.