DoD Civilians CAC Eligibility
For GS/AD new Civilians hired by USU Civilian Human Resources (CHR), allow 7 to 15 business days from start date to be fully registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) for card issuance. DMDC support office may be contacted at (800) 538-9552 in order to verify your DEERS profile.
Contractors CAC Eligibility
The USU Security office is responsible for administering CAC applications for all contractors, volunteers, affiliates and civilian students through the Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS). A Security member will be designated as Trusted Agent (TA) in order to process and enroll contractors in TASS.
In order to obtain a CAC, all contractor personnel must meet the below requirements:
- Must be fully in-processed with the USU Security Office and have an active and current USU Oracle profile.
- Must have an existing or initiated (for U.S Citizens) or completed (for non-U.S Citizens) federal background check conducted by OPM reflecting in JPAS.
- Must have a USU government issued email address with .CTR identifier.
- Must complete a TASS Entry Form signed and authorized by a DoD government official.
TASS Entry Form Submission Instructions
All TASS Entry Form applications must be submitted to the CAC application mailbox via email to cac.trustedagent-ggg@usuhs. Once received, a designated Trusted Agent will contact the applicant directly with additional instructions. For any questions or concerns regarding the status of your TASS application, contact the USU Security Office at 301-295-3033.
Naval Support Activity Bethesda (NSAB) ID and CAC Office
The nearest DoD DEERS and CAC distribution office is located at Building 17 on Taylor Road. The NSAB ID and CAC Office can be reached at (301) 295-0103.
NSAB ID and CAC Office Appointments
- Make a CAC appointment
- Select "Bethesda"
Walk-ins at NSAB ID and CAC Office (Building 17)
- Monday - Friday
- 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- * The USU identification badge is an unacceptable form of identification for CAC pick-up
Must be immediately reported to the USU Security Office. Appropriate documentation will be required for replacement.