What is it?
The Hometown News Release Program (HNRP) at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USU)
is an effort to acknowledge, celebrate and publicize the accomplishments of USU military personnel.
USU is proud to highlight these achievements -- from promotion to retirement, to a change in duty station or
re-enlistment, to the attainment of a college degree, military award, or decoration.
People make institutions great, and here at USU, we are proud of each and every one of the countless people
who enable us to fulfill our mission of educating, training and preparing uniformed services health professionals,
officers and leaders to directly support the Military Health System, the National Security and National Defense Strategies
of the United States, and the readiness of our Armed Forces. The Hometown News Release Program is one of the many
ways in which USU seeks to honor and showcase the achievements and activities of its military students, faculty and staff.
Events/accomplishments/occasions included in a hometown news release (but are not limited to):
- Permanent Change of Station (military)
- Promotion to E-3 or higher (military)
- Participation in a news event
- Graduation from a military school
- Elite sports program/team selection
- Attainment of a college degree
- Graduation from basic training
- Other awards
- Other decorations
- Attainment of grants or special funding for research
- Being part of a scientific team doing/achieving groundbreaking research
Click here fo the link to complete a Defense Media Activity digital HTNR (link is external), and tips on how to fill it out.
SSgt Stephanie "Macgyver" Morris
Non-Commissioned Officer of Media Affairs